The Project Leader is responsible for leading product development projects and their corresponding project teams. GE Life Sciences is revolutionizing the way in which the most cutting-edge bio-pharmaceutical drugs and therapies are manufactured.
This team develops new products (process equipment and high-tech, single-use components) used by bio-pharmaceutical manufacturers that dramatically reduce costs and time-to market for new, life-saving gene and cell therapy medicines.
The Project Leader is accountable for coordinating the actions of internal, cross-functional teams; directing project work-flow; achieving quality objectives; creating/meeting development schedules and project budgets; as well as communicating program status and escalating issues when appropriate to facilitate transparency.
• Leading cross-functional program activities for hardware/equipment, single-use consumables, and/or cost reduction projects with responsibility for timely completion within budget
• Managing and optimizing project plans, product/project risk, project budgets, and resources/task assignments
• Working closely with all support functions, effectively facilitating cross-functional decision making to deliver effective and timely new product development process results
• Ensuring compliance with Design History File (DHF) and other QMS requirements
• Managing customer critical-to-quality (CTQ) objectives, regulatory requirements, schedules, and program risks and making decisions based on business objectives.
• Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Control FDRs and NPI program milestones
• Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
BS Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering
5 years relevant project management/technical leadership
Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional project teams and an ability to drive project design plans to completion
Familiarity with ISO, FDA and other regulatory standards
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Experience with conflict resolution
Experience with stage gate development process
Project management certification
Experience managing or overseeing global resources and/or projects
Previous work experience with strong ability to influence in a matrixed-management/leadership environment.
Ability to drive multiple projects, simultaneously, in an ambiguous environment
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical ther...apy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. For more information about GE Healthcare, visit our website at www.gehealthcare.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.