Who we are: Stanley Consultants helps clients globally with complex challenges in power, transportation, water and environmental for utility, industrial, higher education and local, state, federal and foreign government agencies. We are ranked #76 among ENRs Top 500 Design Firms and #129 among the Top 225 International Design Firms. Founded in 1913, Stanley Consultants has over 1,000 members in 30 offices worldwide and has worked in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world. Wide Range of Service Capabilities: the services we provide include planning, design, permitting, construction management, program management and alternative project delivery. Our Purpose, Vision and Core Values: our passion for problem solving drives creativity and innovation, creating bold solutions for our clients. We inspire powerful minds by embracing a global mindset, diversity and the training to build skills that stretch the imagination. Member-Owned Company: our commitment to member (employee)-ownership, sharing responsibilities and rewards, and contributing to our communities has sustained us for more than 100 years. Our members hold themselves personally responsible for client success and the progress of the firm.
Take the next step in advancing your career and come join us!
We are looking for a seasoned IT project manager to join our Technology Solutions Group in Muscatine, IA or Denver, CO. You will be working with Stanley Consultants IT teams and its consultants and vendors, utilizing your project management knowledge, IT expertise, and talent to provide project management oversight to a portfolio of technology implementation projects. The project management oversight will enforce project timeline, project scope, and budget adherence, resulting in increased client satisfaction, improved delivery and implementation practices.
• Establish and implement project management processes and methodologies for the IT teams to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and adhere to high quality standards meeting customer expectations.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential out of scope activities, and devise contingency plans.
• Responsible for building project charters, schedules, quality plans, budgets, and communication and risk management plans.
• Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers, providing regular status updates.
• Assists Technology Services Group Manager in partnering with the IT Steering Committee and senior management of the business to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
• Work with internal business customers to understand project scope, milestones, hardware and software equipment needs, directing and managing project development from beginning to end.
• Serve as an escalation point to team members, facilitating prompt and appropriate responses to project issues and risks.
• Effectively and regularly communicate project expectations and status to project stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Must work individually or as part of a team to provide successful project execution on IT projects.
• Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques to support our business objectives.
• Responsible for evaluating compliance of IT project activities with IT policies, standards and procedures
• Responsible for the management of many concurrent medium to large-sized, moderately to highly complex projects.
• Responsible for evaluating training results and coordinating enhanced documentation as required.
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report to learn and improve from challenges during project execution.
• Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining an IT project monitoring, measurement and management system
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field of study.
• 5+ years direct work experience in information technology project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• 3+ years’ experience in IT operations or IT support. • Demonstrated success managing client - facing technology implementations.
• Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as the individual will act as a liaison between the business community and technical team.
• Strong ability and experience interacting with mid-level and senior staff, working under general direction of senior level management.
Stanley Consultants is a global engineering firm that provides planning, design, consulting, construction and management services to clients with complex challenges in power generation and delivery, transportation, water, utility plants, buildings and the environment. Our experts work across markets and geography to collaborate with clients, communities and colleagues and share a passion for compl...ex problem solving. It’s that passion that drives our creativity and innovation, creating bold solutions for our clients.
Founded in 1913, Stanley Consultants has a staff of 1,100 members in 31 offices and has worked in all 50 states, U.S. territories and in 110 countries around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) magazine ranks Stanley Consultants 22nd in power, 15th in transmission and distribution, 42nd in water supply, 194th in environmental, and 73rd in overall top 500 design firms in the United States. Internationally, ENR ranks Stanley Consultants 129th among the top 225 firms.
We inspire powerful minds by embracing a global mindset, diversity and training to build skills that stretch the imagination. We refer to our employees as “members” and are proud of our 100 percent member ownership. As owners, our members have a vested interest in successfully serving our clients and share in the inherent rewards that come with our success.