Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago | SilkRoad Recruiting
General Summary of Position Responsibility:
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the collaborative leadership of assigned projects involving interdisciplinary teams. This position will be a key part of the extensive research umbrella for Lurie Children’s hospital of Chicago. The research efforts of Lurie Children’s have extensive implications for the patients we serve. This role will work closely with physician leaders to develop the road map for development initiatives and the implementation of results helping Lurie Children’s move research from the laboratory design to the inpatient care setting for direct patient impact. This position will be a key part of the extensive research umbrella for Lurie Children’s hospital of Chicago. The research efforts of Lurie Children’s have extensive implications for the patients we serve. This role will work closely with physician leaders to develop the road map for development initiatives and the implementation of results helping Lurie Children’s move research from the laboratory design to the inpatient care setting for direct patient impact. The Senior Project Manager will be called upon to initiate planning, execution and completion of a project including appropriate transition requirements to ensure sustainability of the results. The position facilitates the work of the project team, insuring on-time, on-budget completion of the work efforts. The position will interact with all stakeholders affected by the project, including executive/project sponsors and front line staff. A project that’s significant enough to have a Senior Project Manager assigned to it often involves many different elements. Multiple departments may carry the responsibilities of different assignments, but the Senior Project Manager is responsible for making sure that all departments come together in a timely manner to complete the overall goal. This requires the ability to schedule tasks and coordinate with various team members to accomplish the results. The completed project may require different layers to be performed by different teams. Senior Project managers are therefore responsible for keeping the projects on track and possessing the ability to foresee the entire project as a whole at all times. The only way that a Senior Project Manager can successfully perform these tasks is through communication. It is very important for Senior Project Managers to communicate frequently with all members that are involved in the project and not make any assumptions. A failure to effectively communicate at any layer of the project could result in missed deadlines, unsatisfactory performance and poor outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
Area Specific Job Accountabilities:
- Specifically responsible for key research initiative project management direction for Precision Medicine and Fertility Preservation incorporating significant collaboration and integration across multiple skill specific areas of Information Management, Data Analytics, Research Scientists, and Clinicians.
- Responsible for overall project management of assigned projects, from initiation through final completion and transition for sustainability of outcomes as directed by PMO leadership.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple levels of organizational staff from front line to senior leaders and executives.
- Facilitates and manages multi-disciplinary teams assigned to various projects; assists operational owners to set goals and priorities for project.
- Collaborate closely with operational process owners to develop and refine project plans to effectively achieve the desired outcomes including budgetary needs.
- Maintain accurate project plans to ensure timely completion of activities as designed, modifying with collaboration of project leadership timelines and expectations to ensure successful outcomes.
- Initiates, develops, executes and manages detailed project/work plans, schedules, project estimates for resource requirements and status reports.
- Effective issue resolution and conflict management skills throughout the process to ensure the team continues to move forward.
- Effective communication skills to keep both the project team and the department leadership informed of project progress, highlighting any issues/barriers with possible solution plans, and reinforcing a team-focused culture for the project.
- Developing communication plans of improvement/change efforts.
- Recognition of ownership to the various processes, i.e., operational leads as owners of the work process being worked on, project manager with joint leadership to maintain momentum of the project while respecting others.
- Follow department processes and protocols to support effective oversight across all projects in play at any given time.
- Builds and maintains a strong partnership and cohesive support with the entire hospital community.
- Foster teamwork and camaraderie among project teams and assist with coordination of activities to support these efforts.
- The Senior Project Manager will interface regularly with Senior Directors, Vice Presidents and Executives.
- The Senior Project Manager will provide leadership support to the PMO Office and assisting Project Coordinators and Project Managers.
- The Senior Project Manager may have PMO Office Leadership responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
- Project management experience in the healthcare industry required, 5 plus years of experience. Project Management certification preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex enterprise intra/interdepartmental projects.
- Excellent project management, organizational skills and change management skills. Able to organize and manage a project from initiation to implementation through to sustainability.
- Effective communication, conflict resolution and problem resolution skills, including facilitation of groups, presenting to groups at all levels, assisting guiding others to present effectively.
- Effective listening skills to understand various perspectives and ability to synthesize findings to achieve results.
- Excellent analytical and process/systems thinking skills; excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of excel, visio, power point, and other Microsoft Office products. MS project preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal delivery skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to understand and articulate the needs of the customer and assist them in making the necessary decisions to accomplish their objectives.
- Demonstrated ability in earning creditability with leaders across the healthcare organization including clinicians.
- Ability to challenge team members to perform against designated timelines in a team-oriented manner.
- Experience in an Academic Medical Center is preferred.
General Understanding and Nature of the Position Description
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.