This position provides leadership and strategic direction in regards to IT Business Analysis and Land Systems (GIS & Tempest) with a focus on project management, governance, procurement and land information systems. As a member of the IT management team this position works collaboratively with the Senior Manager, Information Technology & GIS Services in the analysis, design, development and support of IT project delivery and the reporting on project health to ensure effective, transparent and accountable corporate, business and financial outcomes that align, enable and support both CRD Service Areas and corporate strategic objectives.
Key Accountabilities/Position Outcomes:
- Provides leadership and accountability for Corporate IT initiatives, project management, and governance, monitoring and reporting.
- Provides strategic IT governance, policies, processes and standards to ensure alignment to corporate strategic objectives.
- Provides leadership and champions IT project delivery and reporting, ensuring the strategic utilization of our information staff resources and systems while considering alternative approaches and corporate strategies.
- Responsible for IT procurement; coordinating all purchases using predetermined specifications; creating RFP’s, RFI’s and Expression of Interests and obtains quotes to facilitate purchases.
- Responsible for the strategic direction, leadership, management, maintenance and deployment of the Corporate Land Information Systems (GIS & Tempest).
- Initiates and oversees projects where service areas and corporate business requirements align with land information systems module functionality and strengths.
- Maintains a strategic perspective, incorporating and integrating the interests of stakeholders with broad organizational objectives to ensure corporate, service area and departmental needs are aligned and balanced.
- Analyzes strategic business issues, challenges and opportunities, ensuring solutions are designed with a corporate perspective and aligned with both corporate business objectives and overall IT strategy.
- Manages business and technical projects including, project initiation, scope definition, feasibility study, business case development and project resourcing.
- Provides leadership and oversight, in collaboration with IT Managers, to ensure the successful completion of projects, project objectives, deriving business value and ensuring quality of deliverables.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with CRD stakeholders to ensure organizational needs are assessed and appropriate solutions identified and aligned with corporate priorities and IT department objectives.
- Ensures appropriate system documentation is created including: business processes, stakeholder/systems requirements, configuration, procedures, training as well as evaluation measures and accountabilities.
- Resolves complex problems that may have implications beyond own functional area and across the broader organization.
- Applies in-depth functional skills and broad business knowledge to address changes to software applications and the impacts to a wide range of corporate services.
- Uses strong leadership, coaching and employee development skills to create a highly competent and engaged team of professionals with the knowledge, skills and abilities to deliver on current operational priorities and to identify and address future needs.