The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is looking to hire a Capital Projects Officer - Facilities to join the Facilities Management Division of the Corporate Services and Facilities Department (CSF) in its Washington, D.C.-based headquarters.
Under the general supervision of the Deputy Division Chief of the Facilities Management Division (FMD) within the Corporate Services and Facilities (CSF) department, the Senior Facilities Officer (Capital Projects) serves as the divisional subject matter expert for coordinating FMD’s Program Management Office (PMO) operations, managing key assigned projects, and supporting other FMD staff and contracted resources in managing capital projects and strategic initiatives.
FMD manages service operations for its 3 million+ square feet of headquarters’ facilities in Washington, D.C. plus its global real estate footprint, with an average annual CAPEX of $9M. Services delivered by FMD include facilities operations (hard and soft services), EHS and sustainability, global real estate transactions, HQ campus space planning and management, moves/adds/changes, and renovations (design and construction). Larger capital projects typically relate to building renovations and building systems and IT/AV infrastructure, and are mission-critical to the Fund’s operations at the existing 2 owned HQ facilities.
This role excludes the multi-year occupied-renovation capital project currently underway for the IMF HQ1 building in Washington, DC, which is managed by a dedicated Task force. However, FMD PMO manages HQ1 capital projects that are out of scope of the Task force.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The role requires applying highly developed professional expertise and experience in PMO governance, strategic initiatives, project management, and related stakeholder advisory and support services to:
- Coordinate the setup and operation of the PMO by:
- Establishing new and improving existing PM strategies, standards, processes and templates; and sharing best practice with stakeholders.
- Overseeing PMO operations and conducting structured reviews, communication, and reporting for FMD’s annual work-plan, initiatives, and projects, to assure appropriate validation, timely decisions, risk & change management, actions, and status tracking and monitoring of KPI’s (e.g. scope, schedule, budget and financial controls, resourcing, stakeholder experience, and benefits materialized).
- Liaising with other departmental PMOs/stakeholders, for closer coordination and leverage regarding shared initiatives and projects.
- Manage capital projects or strategic initiatives by:
- Directly managing assigned projects/initiatives (higher criticality on the workplan).
- Overseeing the management of strategic initiatives and high-impact capital projects that are assigned to FMD staff or third party resources.
- Provide advisory service, coaching and support by:
- Providing proactive and reactive coaching to FMD managers/project managers to ensure their projects are initiated, setup and run effectively and efficiently.
- Formulating and updating PM benchmarks, templates and collateral knowledge-base, and knowledge-sharing forums.