Novus International is currently seeking a dynamic and results-oriented professional to serve as its Manager, Project Management (Global Product Development). This is a highly visible role accountable for establishing and deploying a project management office and capability within Novus International in order to execute the projects on time and within budget. Initial focus will be to support the execution of the Global Product Development (GPD) Process and the projects managed through it. This newly created role will partner with business leaders and individual contributors across the organization to support best practices, implement project management discipline and apply that discipline in managing product development projects. The position is reporting to Sr. Director – Global Product Development.
- Collaborate with global stakeholders at all levels of the organization to develop, build and/or institutionalize Project Management Office capabilities, standards, structure, and processes at Novus International.
- Clear ownership of the implementation and continuous improvement of the Global Product Development Marketing & Launch process, including scoping, planning, budgeting, reporting, training and handing off processes and templates to users.
- Balance and be responsible for cost, schedule, and quality in project delivery while proactively managing project risks across the portfolio of Global Product Development (GPD) projects.
- Evangelize the use of Novus’s project management approach and tools for delivery of Global Product Development initiatives, and support the change management effort to ensure use of these processes in the enterprise.
- Stay closely connected with current best practices in project management and leverage those appropriate for Novus.
- Create and implement the means for regular management reporting of key performance indicators related to the GPD process that will identify trends, compliance and recommend course correction as necessary.
- Work closely with IT and Director of Innovation to support the development of tools and technology to track and manage the GPD process
- Leads regular Coaching and training of Project Managers, including certification of Project Managers according to an agreed standard.
- Clearly understands the GPD process and SOPs and executes the training of new hires on the GPD process(es) and organizes refresher programs as appropriate.
- Provides project performance, compliance monitoring and reporting across the portfolio of Product Development Marketing & Launch (PDML) projects; remediates performance and compliance issues as necessary.
- Supports the use and maintenance of the Innovatus tool in concert with IT and the Director of Innovation.
- Acts as a temporary Project Manager in situations where immediate action and experience is required to bring the project back on track.
- Work closely with R&D and Operations to assess resource availability for Product Development Marketing & Launch (PDML) and Product Maintenance & Resourcing (PMR) projects
- Supports and coordinates allocation of project-related resources in order to best match skills/needs requirements to PDML and/or PMR projects.
CULTURAL FIT AND VALUES
The successful candidate will be willing to work within a fast-paced environment where flexibility, adaptability, and creativity are the keys to success. He/she will be collaborative, analytical, flexible and proactive. This candidate will have the potential to take a strategic “big picture” approach while being a “hands on” manager. This candidate will need to be mature and confident enough to communicate effectively with high-performing executives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Flexibility, hard work and excellent communication, and relationship skills are all critical to success as the Manager Project Management and Global Product Development Deployment.