- BA/BS in a biological science or other scientific degree + 2-5 years of experience
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MS) is preferred
- PMP certification.
Product Development Process:
- Understands the overall biologic/pharmaceutical product development process, stages of development, and role of different functional areas. Experience participating on a cross functional product development team is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Translational Science functions – Translational Medicine, Pharmacogenomics, Clinical Pharmacology and DMPK and Biologics Safety Assessment
- Working knowledge of the biological sciences with technical, scientific or medical expertise in one or more functional areas involved in biologic/pharmaceutical product development.
- Early and late phase clinical development stages and processes, key stage gates and decision criteria for moving programs through the development pipeline, and the considerations relevant to post-marketed development and life cycle management.
- Understands core cross-functional concepts (e.g., preclinical, translational, CMC) and major requirements at different development stages.
- Basic knowledge of worldwide regulatory requirements, processes and regulatory authority interactions, as well as patent protection and records management.
- Basic knowledge of commercial valuation, product life cycle planning, pricing and health economics.
- Ability to create, coordinate, and maintain an integrated product plan and to control or respond to changes in strategy and scope.
- Woking knowledge of project management software solutions, including skills in critical path analysis. MS Project and/or Planisware experience is an advantage.
- Understanding of financial and resource planning systems and processes and ability to coordinate project-level budget/resource estimates and manage actuals vs. plan.
- Ability to manage teams and individuals in a matrix environment, ability to track team performance against objectives, use of effective meeting management tools and techniques, and knowledge of decision-making and conflict resolution techniques.
- Ability to maintain project information, and to integrate and distribute appropriate information to senior management and team members.
- Ability to negotiate with team members to resolve project/team issues.
- Must be professional, dedicated, and detail-orientated and have the flexibility to travel domestically and internationally.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, analytical, and computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills required, including good time management skills.
- Highly organized and able to work independently on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Works under general supervision to meet goals.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.