The purpose of this position is to provide leadership for and management of ASHA's Office of Business Excellence (OBE). The Director of the OBE plays a leading role in the development of an Association culture that achieves business excellence by developing methodologies, tools, frameworks, strategies, and policies related to portfolio management, project management, process improvement and the disciplined planning and execution of ASHA's Strategic Pathway. The incumbent has responsibility for determining priorities, delegating work, and managing and coaching the OBE staff. The end result is to ensure that ASHA has and utilizes current and appropriate information on the most effective portfolio management, project management and process improvement procedures and strategic plan execution that can be used to achieve business excellence.
- Provide expert guidance to the Chief Executive Officer, Facilitating Team, and volunteer leaders on portfolio management, project management, process improvement procedures, and strategic planning and execution that can be used to facilitate development and implementation of Association strategy, programs, and services.
- Continually develop and maintain ASHA's portfolio management, project management, process improvement, and strategic plan execution procedures and tools and champion their use throughout the Association.
- Facilitate the disciplined execution of annual and multiyear work plans for the Association's strategic plan and other priority issues and outcomes as determined by the Chief Executive Officer and/or the Facilitating Team.
- Work with the IS and Digital Communications teams to create and continually update a portfolio of projects at ASHA; manage and facilitate decisions that pertain to the balance of active and queued projects; facilitate the process to refresh the portfolio on an annual basis.
- Facilitate development and implementation of process improvement procedures to improve business operations.
- Provide staff training and/or development programs for National Office staff related to strategic planning, project management, and process improvement.
- Lead and manage the Office of Business Excellence team, including hiring, guidance, coaching, delegation of assignments, and professional development. Ensure the timeliness and quality of completed work from the OBE staff.
- Explore new ideas and developments in portfolio management, project management, process improvement, and strategic plan execution that can be used to achieve business excellence.
- Assist in the selection and management of vendor services; ensure that contract management best practices are used.
- Construct and manage the annual budget for the OBE.