Looking for a way to influence the health and healthcare of many?
If so, we'd love to hear from you! Our mission-driven organization is focused on the“Triple Aim” - Better Health, Better Healthcare and Lower Costs to individuals and their families who participate in our health plans.
UNITE HERE HEALTH serves 90,000+ workers in the hospitality and gaming industry nationwide. Our desire to be innovative and progressive drives us to develop impactful programs and benefits designed to engage our participants in managing their own health and healthcare. Our vision is exciting and challenging. Please read on to learn more about this great opportunity!
- Integrity – Must be trustworthy and principled when faced with complex situations
- Ability to build positive work relationships – Mutual trust and respect will be essential to the collaborative relationships required
- Communication – Ability to generate concise, compelling, objective and data-driven reports
- Teamwork – Working well with others is required in the Fund's collaborative environment
- Diversity – Must be capable of working in a culturally diverse environment
- Continuous Learning – Must be open to learning and skill development. As the Fund's needs evolve, must be proactive about developing new areas of expertise
- Lives our Values – Must be a role model for the Fund's BETTER Culture and Mission (Better, Engage, Teamwork, Trust, Empower, Respect)
This role is responsible for project management of IT projects creating a flexible project management culture that achieves the successful completion of IT projects and programs. Partnering with other senior leaders, this position defines, prioritizes and executes projects and programs according to business priorities.
Lead Programs and Projects:
- Develops strong relationships with internal clients, IT management, IT technical staff and executes project goals, timelines while identifying and deploying resources to meet target completion dates.
- Determines, designs and manages the project into the most appropriate methodology.
- Manages external vendors ensuring targets and costs are optimized for the completion of projects.
- Assists in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Works closely with project stakeholders to manage concerns, problems, changes and escalation, ensuring projects are structured, well planned and executed.
- Develops detailed project schedules, plans and roadmaps.
- Ensures projects are tracked and executed in a consistent and effective manner that maximizes project success.
- Runs daily scrums or scheduled status meetings and provides hands-on service delivery while also managing the team.
- Monitors and reports performance ensuring standardized metrics and reporting mechanisms.
- Manages changes to the project scope, schedule , and costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks and manages issues using standardized tools.
- Provides metrics to internal (project teams) and external (executive and extended business leadership).
Developing and Driving Standards and Methodologies:
- Works with the Director, PMO to implement a PM Framework and methodologies
- Participates in the development and maintenance of common PM standards and methodologies
- Participates in the development of PM tooling to enhance decision making and facilitate best practice adherence
- Evaluates PMO Metrics
Driving IT Project Governance:
- Consults in the development of a project governance framework based on industry best practices.
- Partakes in the prioritization for IT and business leadership during the project selection process.
Support IT Planning and Strategy:
- Provides feedback regarding the prioritization of Enterprise projects across all business units
- Utilizes metrics and PMO data to support the creation of standardized processes.
- Minimum level computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment: Advanced
- Bi- or Multi- lingual skills (written and verbal): a plus
- Manage competing deadlines and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions