GILBERT DISPLAYS, INC. , located in Melville, NY, is an established custom trade show exhibit and commercial interiors company currently seeking an experienced Project Manager. We are a fast paced, results oriented company with a fun, casual and dynamic culture generating high standards of quality. As a company providing critical products and services to some of the biggest brands in the world, we rely on the excellence of every member of our staff. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating projects on budget, through collaboration with estimators, account managers and department leaders. This includes activities concerned with the construction of commercial interiors for high-end luxury retail stores, among other branded or exhibit environments. The project manager participates in the development of new projects and oversees their planning, organization, scheduling and production. This position is exciting and allows for a wide range of control and the freedom to make critical decisions affecting the outcome of the projects you are accountable for.
- Collaborate with account management to discern client needs.
- Collaborate with the design, estimating, detailing and production departments to ensure all projects remain within design constraints on budget and within feasible construction capabilities.
- Do take-offs on materials and submit purchase requisitions for all required materials and goods including any outside vendor services.
- Create and track project timelines, ensure that the project is delivered on time.
- Coordinate, review and approve drawings including, but not limited to, set-ups, electrical, carpet, and shop/construction drawings.
- Liason with all departments; Graphics, Shipping, Installation, Production, Design and Estimating.
- Must meet customer’s agreed upon project completion dates.
- Provides effective leadership
- Drives issues to resolution using escalation where appropriate
- Continually explore opportunities to add value to both process and job accomplishments
- Extensive collaboration and communication with project vendors.
- Required travel to customer sites and trade events when and where necessary.