Responsible for developing and delivering projects of varying size, scope and complexity. The Project Manager is responsible for daily management of all project activities, under the direction of the Vice President of D&E.
Essential Position Functions
- Manage and supervise daily project and construction activities. Conduct facility and job site walk through.
- Develop, schedule and coordinate all project activities.
- Develop, manage, and update all schedules.
- Develop, manage, and update all budgets / estimates.
- Manage and coordinate with all internal and external Clients as required.
- Manage and coordinate all Consultants as required.
- Obtain quotes from contractors and also prepare basic schedules of completion.
- Act as a technical trades expert to advise on construction methods. Maintain relationships with permitting inspectors and ensure we comply with all city of Tampa codes.
- Attend/lead project meetings and assist with determination of project requirements
- Drafting and issuance of project proposals, RFP’s, tenders, budgets, cash flows and preliminary schedules. Coordinate and assist with answering RFIs.
- Prepare weekly project updates on progress to include design issues, budgets, schedules.
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines/trades
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner
- Assist the PM in the review of Contractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval
- Track & manage contemplated change notices and change orders in the database
- Keep all informed about project status and issues that may impact project development and delivery
Education Requirements and Technical Skills
- Degree in Architecture (preferred), Engineering, or Construction Management.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Project Management in the development and delivery of projects
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of construction methods and the building codes
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Customer Service Orientation — Listening and understanding the customer (both internal and external) and anticipating and evaluating the customer’s needs; making the customer’s satisfaction a high priority in all areas of responsibility.
- Teamwork — Supporting, facilitating, and participating in activities that promote team effectiveness; demonstrating sensitivity for the feelings and needs of team members and supporting team goals.
- Planning and Organizing — Establishing a course of action with specific long-range goals for the aquarium; setting priorities among competing requirements and allocating resources in the most efficient and effective way; developing contingency plans that anticipate changes in the work environment.
- Leadership (Individual) — Uses effective and appropriate interpersonal skills to move individuals toward the accomplishment of goals
- Communication (oral and written) — Effectively expressing ideas verbally and non-verbally and actively listening to individuals and groups; preparing and focusing presentations to the characteristics and needs of the audience; expressing ideas clearly and concisely in written form, through memoranda, letters, reports, and other documents.
- Concern for Detail — Pays attention to every portion of any task, down to the smallest item
- Coordinating — Organizes and moves a group of individuals and/or activities toward a common goal
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.