An outcome-driven, high-performance organization respected for its commitment to open, collaborative processes, the CRD is located in beautiful Victoria, BC, which offers the unique charm of a historical capital city while providing a variety of world-class scenic and outdoor opportunities.
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Resource Planning, this position is an integral part of a functional team responsible for the ongoing support and development of the CRD’s Enterprise Resource Planning system, SAP. The position is part of a support team responsible for day to day support related to SAP, oversees development projects, training programs, Helpdesk activities, annual support package test routines, SAP roles/authorizations and functions as a technical expert in a variety of SAP modules.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with business units to define functional requirements and functional designs to support the organization’s strategy and future business goals
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generates innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges
- Facilitates business requirements analysis and functional design work sessions including creating business presentations, communications, and documentation
- Leads functional system design in the development of SAP modules
- Directs consulting services, ensuring project work meets desired outcomes
- Prepares and delivers system demonstrations to stakeholders to validate business approach
- Identifies creative solutions to business requirements, analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of alternatives, and provides recommendations
- Works with SAP, external vendors and consulting firms to obtain additional insights, approaches and solutions to various business requirements
- Provides IT resource estimates for preparation of business case and project costing
- Executes projects utilizing current project management standards and protocols
- Follows all defined technology standards and processes and provides input for improvements as required and/or identified
- Provides expertise to train and support groups as appropriate before system go-lives
- Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
- Uses an effective interpersonal style to build, inspire, and sustain a cohesive team by focusing the team on its mission and importance of the role to organizational success
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Performs other related duties as required.