We are seeking a Document Controller to join our team in North Vancouver, BC.
The incumbent will be part of a functional team that is responsible for the processes and tools used to initiate, plan, control and mitigate documentation issues that may impact the organization's projects. He/she will accountable for overseeing the maintenance, administration and control of documents relating to projects. The incumbent will also advise on document administration and management best practices while ensuring adherence to the company's document control standards and other requirements. The Document Controller reports to the Project Controls Specialist as per his/her assigned project(s).
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Reviews all project documentation and ensures conformance to the company's document control standards, procedures and other requirements;
- Manages and mitigates documentation and information loss through the accurate recording and tracking of internal and external distribution of documents;
- Receives, processes and coordinates responses to RFIs;
- Ensures the timely transfer or exchange of documents and deliverables from various internal and external stakeholders as needed throughout the project lifecycle;
- Completes data entry and maintenance of internal and external databases including but not limited to Sharepoint and the Company Portal;
- Develops and maintains project-specific document naming conventions and controls that are in keeping with company requirements;
- Prepares transmittals, scans, files documents and performs other tasks as needed;
- Provides input regarding document controls best practices, identifies non-conformances or discrepancies and provides recommendations for action if needed;
- Files, secures, retrieves, distributes, and archives documents; and
- Performs other duties as required.
At COWI North America, you can look forward to a challenging role that will push you outside of your comfort zone and elevate your career to new heights. Our staff come from a multitude of backgrounds; their bridge, marine and tunneling expertise spans the globe. COWI is a place for collaboration with some high-caliber professionals and the opportunity to learn from the best. Besides an extraordinary collection of talented colleagues, you will also have the chance to be involved in some very high-profile work on world-renowned international projects that will test your skills and abilities as a professional. COWI is proud to reward top talent; the benefits of working for COWI include extensive opportunities for growth and development, excellent benefits, competitive compensation and various other perks.
COWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.