IT Project Manager
Department: Office of Information Technology Admin
**This is a temporary assignment through Auburn University's Temporary Employment Services.**
The Office of Information Technology seeks two IT Project Managers for a short-term (anticipated up to 6 months) temporary appointment to provide support of routine to highly complex information technology projects. Successful individual in the position will assemble project teams, collaborate with mangers to align individual responsibilities with tasks, develop project schedules, and determine and acquire resources as needed. Furthermore, the successful individual will be familiar with entire scope and requirements of the project and serve as a liaison between team members and the functional area management requesting project.
This position will advise and counsel software developers, systems administrators, database administrators, campus constituents, departmental IT staff, OIT directors and Chief Information Security Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Information Officer.
Compensation will include $75 - $100 per hour commensurate with applicable experience.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all aspects of project planning to include collaborating on development, testing and implementation of assigned projects.
- Provides a single point of contact for all constituents serving as the project lead and liaison.
- Works with functional and technical leaders to define the project scope, objectives and success indicators and manages projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Develops detailed work plan, schedules, provides projected cost and personnel estimates required, produces status reports; ensures adherence to quality standards, reviewing project deliverables and project tracking and analysis.
- Develops policies and mandates to support the project and manage risk, based on understanding of the organizational strategy and goals.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks; tracks and reviews deliverables related to the project.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced project team members; provides leadership, technical and analytical guidance to project team and recommends action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
Requisition No.: 26957
The "Close Date" indicates the date after which the hiring department will begin reviewing applications of qualified candidates. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Refer to the above Requisition # and apply on-line at:
on any computer with Internet access. If you need any assistance, contact Auburn University's Department of Human Resources at (334) 844-4145 or your local state employment service distribution system office. Internet Access is also available through your public library.
Auburn University is an EEO/Vet/Disability employer.