We currently have an exciting opportunity for a key role as a Principle Project Engineer reporting into our Capital Engineering Group located in Littleton, CO (Suburb of Denver).
The Principle Project Engineer is responsible for developing, scoping, justifying, implementing, coordinating, and managing from concept to completion a broad range of complex industrial manufacturing capital projects, including scope documents, engineering calculations and designs, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, project justifications, drawing and technical reviews, checkout and start-up activities, and project training and documentation for Johns Manville manufacturing facilities worldwide.
The Principal Project Engineer delivers a variety complex projects which are technically sound, safe, within budget and schedule while driving improvements and standards in project management, project controls, and engineering procedures. The Principal Project Engineer also fills the role of Pre-Engineering Leader for North American by championing and gate-keeping the pre-engineering process. The incumbent sets standards and procedures for pre-engineering for Johns Manville and reviews North American pre-engineering projects and scopes for completeness and soundness. The incumbent for this role will work within a cross-functional, global engineering team to achieve corporate, divisional, and departmental objectives in a collaborative environment across a broad range of industrial manufacturing facilities.
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
- Develop project scopes, specifications, schedules, and investment grade cost estimates for complex, multi-discipline industrial manufacturing capital projects worldwide up to and primarily greater than $50M. Typically, one major project at a time.
- Manage overall project budget, schedule, scope, deliverables, forecast, cash flow, execution, and reporting to meet the project objectives and deliver the expected benefits to the organization
- Develop technical specifications and contracts for equipment and services for all aspects of complex projects and ensure compliance
- Coordinate, review, provide oversight and manage external and internal engineering resources and consultants and contractors as needed to meet project objectives
- Manage on-site demolition and all stages of construction activities through a project team of engineers, contractors and plant representatives
- Reviews North American pre-engineering project proposals and scopes to ensure compliance and best practices.