This is a challenging opportunity for an experienced manager of Project Managers to lead PMO resources in America's fastest growing TV, internet and voice company.
This manager will:
Partner with internal business clients to understand and assign IT Project and Program Management resources to meet their business objectives
Manage the workload of IT Project and Program Managers and to help remove obstacles to their success
Interview, select, and onboard employee and contract IT Project and Program Management resources
Provide ongoing coaching, guidance, feedback and mentoring support to the team
Coordinate and conduct post-implementation reviews
Monitor compliance with Project and Program Management policies and standards
Drive improvements to the PPM discipline within IT, agnostic of development methodologies in use (e.g. waterfall, Scrum, Kanban etc) while maintaining focus on the fundamentals espoused in the ten PMBOK knowledge areas
Strong ability to manage in times of organizational change and to establish focus while tolerating and managing ambiguity are among the soft skills the successful Senior Manager will excel in. Project management experience and expertise are necessary, but not sufficient: Strong business skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization are crucial.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
Basic computer skills, with proficiency with Word and Excel
Knowledge of computer and/or network systems, applications, procedures and techniques
Experience leading others and providing constructive feedback
Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
Demonstrated knowledge of information technologies and methodologies related to assigned IT segment or area
Displays a sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
A team player with the ability to enable changes in the business processes and ability to work cooperatively with all groups is essential
Ability to multi-task and handle on a proactive basis, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment in order to maximize time-management and efficiencies
Demonstrated ability to successfully distill complex technical information into clear, concise yet comprehensive communication material
Demonstrated ability to meet rigorous deadlines while managing multiple projects concurrently
Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
Outstanding work ethic; displays a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
Proven knowledge of information technologies and methodologies related to assigned IT segment or area
Ability to exercise, on a regular basis, independent judgment and discretion in performance of job duties
Ability to recruit, motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
Charter’s 90,000+ employees are the keys to its success. Through quality craftsmanship we take pride in providing industry-leading products and services for our customers. There’s an exciting future ahead for Charter. I invite you to help us create it.
-Tom Rutledge, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Our organization is one filled with a diverse group of hardworking people. They’...re committed to helping us grow, and we’re committed to growing with them. Because making sure everyone reaches their full potential is a key part of our mission.
At Spectrum, employee wellness, comprehensive medical coverage and educational and development opportunities are of the utmost importance. Employees are also eligible for select complimentary products and services.
We’re proud to join our employees in their career journeys. Our roles are designed to develop people’s skills and keep them moving forward to the next big thing. Whether it’s in the office or off-site, there are plenty of possibilities with a Spectrum career.
Spectrum is committed to improving communities and impacting lives where our customers and employees live, work and play.
Our national philanthropic initiative, Spectrum Housing Assist, partners with nonprofit organizations and engages employees & community volunteers in order to provide critical homes repairs across the United States. We’ve set a goal to improve 25,000 homes by the year 2020. Chart our progress and join us in this exciting journey by visiting our Spectrum Housing Assist website to see how our employees are improving communities and impacting lives.
Connecting you to comprehensive benefits.
Benefits play an important role in attracting great people because we know when you're healthy - physically, financially, and emotionally - you can perform at your best. Charter provides a comprehensive blend of benefits designed to support you and your family.
Charter is committed to providing exceptional benefits to our full-time, such as:
• Health Insurance (Medical/Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision)
• A Health Savings Account (HSA) or Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), depending on the medical plan you choose
• 401(k) Retirement Savings (post-tax Roth and pre-tax options) where Charter matches up to the first 6% of pay that you contribute
• A Retirement Accumulation Plan for which Charter contributes an additional 3% of your pay, regardless of whether you contribute to the 401(K)*
• Paid Holidays, Personal days, Vacation and Sick Time
• Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance of two times your pay
• Short- and Long-Term Disability to replace a portion of your income if you’re injured or ill
• Flexible Spending Accounts using pre-tax dollars to pay for health care and dependent day care expenses
We offer the following benefits to support you and your loved ones through various life stages:
• Supplemental Life Insurance that you may buy for you, your spouse or your child
• A Transportation Account using pre-tax dollars to pay to park your vehicle or take public transportation
• Adoption Reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offering confidential counseling, information and referrals for you and your family at no cost to you
• Child Care Discounts
• Discount Shopping Portal
• Legal Services for help with will preparation, defense for a speeding ticket, ID theft, buying/selling a home, adoption and more
Resources and Tools
We provide the following tools and resources to help you:
• A confidential concierge service that allows you to simply and easily get the most out of your health care benefits by handling the legwork so you can get back to your life
• Rethink for parents of children with developmental delays
• Education Assistance
• Financial wellness seminars through Fidelity
We are proud to offer eligible employees complimentary and discounted Spectrum TV™, Spectrum Internet™ and Spectrum Voice™ services, where available. Employees who live in areas not served by the company can receive certain complimentary internet and streaming video entertainment services through www.charter.net.
* Below Director level only. Note: eligibility for collective bargaining unit employees is subject to the provisions of an applicable collective bargaining agreement or federal labor law.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
An Inclusive Organization
At Spectrum, we’re proud champions of all of our employees and the work that they do. And our industry is taking notice, too. In 2015 we were named one of the Top Companies for People of Color by the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications (NAMIC). We’re also one of Women in Cable Telecommunications’ (WICT) Leading Employers.
Our commitment doesn’t stop there. Check out the ways we’re making a difference for all of our employees.
”Spectrum strives to reflect the great diversity of the communities we serve in all our business practices as a key component of our continued success.”
-Tom Rutledge, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Three Key Areas of Focus: Workplace, Marketplace & Workforce
From recruitment and hiring, education and training, to multicultural marketing, community outreach and supplier diversity, we demonstrate our commitment to fostering and inclusive culture that embraces diversity.
• Workplace: Work Environment, Education & Training Communication, Diversity and Inclusion Councils, Employee Networks
• Marketplace: Philanthropy & Outreach, Marketing, Supplier Diversity, Content & Programming
• Workforce: Talent Acquisition, Marketing, Professional Development, Industry Partners, Mentoring Talent Planning, Performance Feedback, HR Policies & Procedures
Diversity and Inclusion are central to our corporate values and essential to our vision, strategy and continued success. Spectrum has a longstanding history of commitment to diversity and inclusion that is reflected in both external recognition and internal efforts such as Employee Networks, Diversity Councils, and Mentoring.
Equal opportunity statement
Spectrum reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.